Every moment counts. And the time you spend in one of the world's most astounding environments is precious.
Here are some tips on how you can make the most of your visit to the unforgettable Glacier Skywalk.
- Listen and Learn: As you arrive, you'll be handed an audio guide that will walk you through and around the Skywalk. Tune into 60 different audio points to hear about the incredible peaks and glaciers that surround you. It's available in English, French, Mandarin, Korean and Japanese.
- Slow down: There's no need to rush through this amazing experience. We recommend 45 minutes, but if you need a more time to breathe deeply, gaze far and just be still in this incredible place, then that's all good!Look around: While it's nearly impossible to not look down - the floor is made of glass, after all - don't forget to look high above while you're at the Glacier Skywalk. This giant glacial valley is home to mountain goats, bighorn sheep, bears and more than 260 species of birds calling this place 'home'.
- Plan ahead: When you book your visit to the Glacier Skywalk in advance, you'll save 10 percent.
- Come early: The guided morning tour of the Glacier Skywalk is a small-group outing that will take your visit to a deeper level. It's an intimate time of day to be here. You'll discover how the environment of the Canadian Rockies is one of adaptation. Plus, there's no extra cost. Tours are first come, first-served.
- Dine before or after: It's more than a pretty view. Altitude Restaurant, in the Glacier Discovery Centre, overlooks the Athabasca Glacier and features breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. It's the perfect place to fuel up before or unwind after your Glacier Skywalk adventure.