Fall can be tricky for families around here. It's that in-between season when it's too chilly for hiking or biking and yet not snowy enough for skiing. As the temperatures creep lower, many parents start looking for family-friendly outings that'll keep the kids entertained, get them to try something new and help build memories.
The Harvest Festival at the Banff Gondola has that perfect shoulder season mixture of indoors and out. It's a chance to learn something new, spend time together and have fun. Here are five reasons you and your kids will love it.
1. Face painting! Either your kid is obsessed with face painting or is definitely not (you know the ones...). Our team of face painting artists can wrangle even the squirmiest of little ones for a look they'll never forget. We have fall-themed options to pick from so little Maggie can turn into a Moose or little Jack into a Jack O'Lantern.
2. Spooktacular stories. From spooky ghosts to haunted hotels, Banff has a rich library of scary stories, and our storytellers are pros at bringing them to life. And each weekend, we're welcoming a local musician to the Sulphur Mountain summit to share songs that celebrate this amazing place. Gather around for some tales to be remembered.
3. Bedeck and dazzle candy apples. Get crafty on a unique autumn treat. This fall, kids can decorate their own candy apple, just like at a classic fall fair. Drizzled with icing or rolled in sprinkles, it's as fun to make as it'll be to eat.
4. Mountain-top Jenga. Work off some of that sugar-induced energy by walking to the end of the Sulphur Mountain gondola or taking your turn at life-sized Jenga. Can you build it as high as the sky?
5. Step outside: On the observation deck, gather around a fire pit, sip on warm apple cider and soak up the incredible mountain-top views. And grab a gorgeous family photo for the upcoming holiday season while you're at it!
And remember, kids go free before noon starting October 9!