Banff is a spectacular and peaceful place any time. But during a global pandemic, it's been particularly quiet. Most businesses, including hotels and restaurants, are open with some restrictions. Tours are generally cancelled. Attractions may be open but with changes to hours and other operations. While the community rallies and supports one another, so many are focused on what's next.
1. The Town of Banff is currently in a State of Emergency. Rather than turning guests away, all visitors are asked to visit responsibly and to follow all local regulations. These include wearing a mask in all public spaces, both indoors and out. Learn More
2. Parks Canada has strict new rules. Vehicle access into the Banff townsite is open and all day use areas are open, but picnic and kitchen shelters are closed. Parks Gates and services are open. Fore more details and up to date information on what is open and what is closed through Parks Canada, visit their site. Updates from Parks Canada
3. Businesses are generally open. Most restaurants, shops and bars are open but have restricted capacity and limited hours according to provincial and municipal regulations.
4. It's important to plan ahead. Wherever possible, please consider reserving a table ahead of time when dining out and purchasing attractions tickets in advance online. Be sure to check out each business's website or call ahead of time for updated hours. At Pursuit, our Safety Promise protocol includes stringent cleaning and social distancing protocols. Learn more
5. The Mountain Feeling Is Alive and Well. Normally, Banff and Jasper are major international destinations. This season, regional visitors can have it all to themselves! Banff is Alberta's winter playground and getting outside in the fresh mountain air with your family or cohort is one of the safer things to do right now.
6. Options for Adventure. Winter outdoor adventure abounds here, including downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, skating or just going for a leisurely stroll on one of our many trails. Pick-up some takeout from a local restaurant and sit by the river in the sunshine.
We know how important Banff is right now and we want to welcome you safely. There are no restrictions on enjoying the good feelings that these amazing mountains bring.